Tuesday, August 27, 2013

1st Day of Kindergarten!!!

Today was Elaina's first day of kindergarten! She was so excited! She has been asking about this day since December, when preschool ended. So it was great that it was finally here. I was going to drive her the first day but she insisted that she wanted to go on the bus. So I let her, and she loved it! She was so excited to drive to school with her friends and not have to wear a seat belt. Her favorite part of school was recess and she learned the about the letter M. She says that her teacher was wearing a yellow dress and that she thinks her teacher is Belle. And that Belle changed her hair color to yellow. Having met her teacher, her teacher really is a real life princess. She has the look and the voice. Perfect for Elaina! I was so worried that we had made the wrong decision about keeping her in the public school instead of taking the spot in the local Charter school. But when I met her teacher my worries were instantly dissolved.
So did I cry? No. I knew that I wouldn't. I was so excited for her. When she was in preschool it was so much fun having her come home and tell me all that she had learned. So I was excited for that again. I know that this means that my baby is growing up. But for me, I feel like she did so much growing up and changing this summer with all her new little friends, that we already went through the "my baby's growing up" phase.
Ready to Go!


Do you think they missed her? They stared out the window for a long time. When a car would pass Austin would say, "Is that Elaina? No, just a car." So cute!

1 comment:

Klaudia said...

They are so cute, I love my babies!!! They are growing up way too fast.