Thursday, October 1, 2009

Couponing!!

My newest hobby is couponing. I love it! It is like a game to me; to see how many things I can get for free and how much money I can save my family. I started couponing towards the end of July and since then have easily tripled my food storage, bought mostly namebrand foods, and have made better meals, all while cutting my monthly food budget in half. It's been a lot of fun. I don't normally take pictures of my shopping trips but this was my first shopping trip with coupons and I was so excited about the outcome that I had to document the moment. This particular shopping trip I made money! With all the cereal I bought I was able to send in for a $10 rebate and with my coupons I made $2.32. It was great.
Here's another great shopping trip. I got all of the items below (plus a bag of reese's that didn't make it to the picture) for free (except for tax)! The original total was $31 but after coupons, I only had to pay for the tax which was $1.62.

I've had several other great shopping trips. It's been a lot of fun and truely a blessing for our family. With Adam taking 20 credit hours at school and then working every hour in between to support our family, I often feel bad for not being able to relieve him of some of that burden. Being able to save so much through couponing and budgeting has really helped me feel like I'm helping out our family as well. Thank you to everyone who has donated their coupons to me. I really appreciate them, they really have been a huge blessing to our family.

No comments: