Monday, October 12, 2009

Elaina's Special!!

I loved this month's relief society message. One quote really hit me harder then the others. I liked President Hinkley's quote where he said: "Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughter's of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these His little ones.."
This really makes me look at my role as a parent in a whole different light. I am taking care of one of Heavenly Father's elect children, and she really is that special. She's so cute! It also makes me look at my relationship to Heavenly Father in a different light, also. "He has not relinquished His parental rights;" I knew that, but hearing it this way makes it feel more powerful. Thank goodness for the gospel which blesses us with the knowledge of our heritage. Such a cute outfit!

2 comments:

Klaudia said...

AMEN to that, Elaina is pretty special but so is her mother. You are both elect daughter of our Heavenly Father and I feel so bless to have you as my daughter and granddaughter. I love you both so much and miss you lots.

Alicia Sink said...

That is a cute outfit!